A better way to buy used cars
We always knew there had to be a better way to buy used cars. One that would make the process easy and fun. So we created CarMax, and we've been changing the way America buys cars since we opened our first store in Richmond, Virginia, in 1993.
Our business concept
- We offer tens of thousands of used cars across the country
- Every car we sell has a low, no-haggle price
- Our vehicles are superior in quality. Only the best cars meet our high standards
- We'll buy your car whether you buy from us or not
- You'll get friendly customer service
Through hard work and dedication, we've grown from that one store in Richmond to more than 100 stores across the country. We’ve sold more than 2 million cars. We've appraised more than 5 million. And the news is buzzing with stories about CarMax, the experience we offer our customers, and the work environment we provide for our Associates.
CarMax is listed on the FORTUNE® 500 list, and we've been named one of FORTUNE's "100 Best Companies to Work For" eight years running.
How did we do it?
Quite simply, CarMax was built on the fundamental principle of integrity, reflected in the way we serve our customers, treat each other, and deliver our products.